Grants from this Trust are given to assist children and young people under the age of 25 that live in Devon (with a preference for East Devon), and / or the Isle of Thanet in Kent.
Grants are made at the discretion of the Trustees for a wide variety of reasons. The Trust Deed asks the Trustees to consider the ‘care, benefit, support, education, or otherwise for the welfare of children and young persons’. Trustees can
- ‘Award grants to charitable residential and day care establishments for children and young people, including those who are disabled’;
- ‘Award grants for or towards the maintenance and educational advancement, training and recreation of children and young people’.
Grants are not made for the following reasons:
- Any fees payable of an ongoing nature (such as regular payments for education),
- To individuals for trips overseas for any reason,
- To private schools,
- If a grant has already been made within the last 12 months.
The Gibbons Family Trust is a registered charity and you can find more information on the Charity Commission’s website HERE (opens in new window/tab)
Recent grant information
The following grants were made in the financial years up to 31st March: –
|Value of grants made||£87,322||£83,065||£85,885|
|Number of grants made||75||69||67|
|Average size grant for organisations and charities||£1,354||£1,406||£1,663|
|Average size grant for individuals||£516||£477||£553|
|Number of applications received||84||88||77|
|Success rate of applications||89%||78%||87%|
Payment of grants
The Trust is phasing out the use of cheques to pay grants. All organisations, whether applying for themselves or for an individual, will need to supply bank identification with EVERY application. This bank identification must show the account name, the account number and the sort code. This ID is shredded once the application has been processed.
For Individuals applying, grant cheques are no longer written out in the individual’s name. The name of an organisation is needed to whom the grant can be paid, preferably by BACS. E.g. University, Children’s Centre, Council. Please enter these details onto the application form.
Please click here to read in more detail about applying – Application Forms